Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop is Omen 15 dc1xxx

Question is:

Its actual battery is SR03XL 11.55V,  52Wh
Can it be replaced by: SR04XL 15.4V, 70Wh  ?

As you can see there is the difference in voltages, but may be laptop has special adapter inside to use second one.

Where can I check what type of batteris are compatible for my laptop ?

Thank you.

HP Fan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Saxeligvari

Yes! That's correct. 
You can choose either 3 cells or 4 cells battery. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Saxeligvari

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Product number is :  7QE15EA#ACB

Thank you in advanced.

HP Fan
HP Recommended

@Saxeligvari

Thank you for posting back. 

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 3-cell, 52 Wh Li-ion polymer battery installed on the PC.

Here is the part number: L08855-855 and its universal, you can just enter the part number in Google search bar to purchase one.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you please review this resource:

https://www.hplaptopbattery.com.sg/hp-l08855-855-battery.htm

Matter is, that here we have 2 different battery with same part number L08855-855

Also in such resorces are writen that these two battery are not compatible - this is what is confusing;

Battery are not compatible with each other not means that they ar not compatible with laptop itself.

So, according of f.e. resorce provided abow can I use 70.07Wh, 4 cells for my laptop ?

I have seen similar hints on other resources too.

Thanks in advanced.

HP Fan
HP Recommended

@Saxeligvari

Thank you for posting back. 

Yes you can use: 4 cell 70 Whr 4.55 Ahr LI SR04070XL-PL and this is the part number: 917724-855

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

OK, so according of resource above, it does not matter, that difference in voltage between these two battery are 4 Volt  ?

15.4v and 11.55v

Thank you;

HP Fan
HP Recommended

@Saxeligvari

Yes! That's correct. 
You can choose either 3 cells or 4 cells battery. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.