Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dk0046
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 3 usb slots in my pavillion laptop. Out of that one right side usb not working. I go into the device manager-> Universal serial Bus controller-> Usb root hub(3.0)-> properties-> power management-> allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power and that feature already on so I turn off and usb slot working successfully. But when I turn on that feature usb slot not working. So what is the issue and how I solve it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anant6

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have a list of steps to help resolve your concern: 

• Before you begin 

• Troubleshooting steps 

• USB device not detected by Windows (no device name in Device Manager) 

• USB storage device is not shown in Safely Remove Hardware window 

• Front USB ports do not work on a desktop computer. 

• The mouse responds slowly, if at all 

•  USB 2.0 Device Does Not Work When Connected to a USB 3.0 Port 

For details on each step: Click here 

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.