Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 Dc0094tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My other Usb port is not working the two other is operating normally but the other is not. Is there any other way to fix this? I did all the reset and turn off power management in the device manager and still not working.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI@JohnPaul_655,

I understand that notebook has an issue with the 1 USB  is not working.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting:-

1.    Do you get any error messages when you connect the devices to the computer?

2.    What is the make and model of the computer?

3.    What is the make and model of the external hardware devices?

4.    Have you tried to connect these devices to another computer and check if it's working?

5.    Update the BIOS?

6. windows is up[date?

The USB controller of your computer might be defective that’s why you are facing this issue with all the external hardware.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

a) Press Windows + W together.
b) Write Troubleshooting 
in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
c) Click on the Troubleshooting tab
d) Click on view all 
option on the upper left corner.
e) Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
f) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Please move to the next method if the issue persists.

Method 2: Un-install the USB drivers.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers.

a.     Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then click Device Manager..

b.     Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and right-click on each USB controller.

c.      Select Un-install.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

It still not working even though there is a power but it still doesn't recognize and doesn't say it in the laptop. Still tried the two methods and the problem still persist

HP Recommended

Hi@JohnPaul_655,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.