Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, have also tried the regedit and have MEM tested the RAM, to no avail. It's insanely confusing and frustrating at the same time, as I have no problem throwing ~£50 at the problem to fix it (should the RAM be faulty), however as the MEMTEST is not showing any issues with the RAM I don't want to spend money where it may not impact the issue in a positive manner.

I have however re-done the registry fix since Windows 10's re-install and still to no avail, the same 3.2GB free with 4.8GB reserved.

HP Recommended

The system itself is responsible for reserving the amount of RAM, if you get it that way, it does not mean that I do not work with 8GB, I insist ... There are other computers that do not go that way and the whole memory Goes out, it will have to talk to Bill Gates.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

Hi

My other thought is that you have a reserved area for a specific software need.

Something is making a Virtual Disk space to speed up processing, like video files for instance.

The effect is the same with 1 stick in either slot, then ditto the other stick and finally both.

Meaning the problem is not likely with the BIOS but the OS.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I cannot see what software that may be as this was the case before and after any software was installed on a base Windows 10 OS. Thanks for trying to help however, hopefully someone can provide some answers! 

HP Recommended

@CF4 wrote:

Hi

My other thought is that you have a reserved area for a specific software need.

Something is making a Virtual Disk space to speed up processing, like video files for instance.

The effect is the same with 1 stick in either slot, then ditto the other stick and finally both.

Meaning the problem is not likely with the BIOS but the OS.

I already mentioned this in a previous response, and effectively this is a problem or issue of the operating system, the bios have nothing to do.

I have worked with teams that with a simple installation of the system from 0, it is solved.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

This is excellent. Works perfectly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.