1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Only getting around 4 hours of battery life even after optimizing system

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 2020 Ryzen 7 4800H / 2060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Im only getting around 4 hours of battery life after changing power plans, optimizing the system etc... when it is advertised at 7.5 hours 😕

It seems that I have a discharge rate of around 17,000wH when it should be >10,000wH

Any advice?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,646 88,532 11,315 24,305
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cogan wrote:

Hello,

Im only getting around 4 hours of battery life after changing power plans,...

@cogan 

That is REALY good outcome for an Omen machine. Mine was no longer than 3hrs and already dead. I don't play games, only use machine once or twice a month to play around with my grandchildren photos/videos. Now I use normal AC power thru a UPS.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Level 4
76 75 10 15
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery life can be vary because it depends on what we do with our laptop...

1. You shouldnt be gaming or put your laptop under heavy load when you're not plugged in....

2. Try to set up your brightness not more than 50%

3. Try to reduce your "power mode" on your power slider... Personally, i use 'better performance' while on battery...

4. OMEN Command Center put on "Default"...

5. NVIDIA is eating your battery faster... so do not open any program that may activate NVIDIA GPU...

6. Check your apps.... Some apps running on the background can reduce your battery life...

7. If you want to hear music or watch a video,, try to use headset....

I get 5 hour 30 minutes with my Omen... Dont expect to much as HP advertised... 

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation