Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-bc500nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought a Pavilion 15-bc500nv a few months ago and the only thing that's been really bothering me is the lack of a backlit keyboard. I searched online for the manual and found that there is in fact such a keyboard available for the 15-bc500-599 series.

So, I'd like, if possible, a confirmation that this applies to the whole series and not just some select models.

But more importantly, if it does apply to the whole series, how can I order one? I've found the spare part number for the keyboard (L22938-151) in the manual, but I can't find it in PartSurfer or the Parts Store. Could anyone please help? 

Thanks a lot for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See this on p. 69 of the Service Manual:

The top cover with keyboard remains after removing all other spared parts from the computer

This means you must completely disassemble the laptop and then rebuild it onto the new backlit top cover with keyboard. Yes, if you can find the part it would work with your motherboard and you would have a backlit keyboard. Parts with the "L" SKU numbers are exceedingly difficult to find for some reason. Add to that the Greek language of the keyboard and you are looking for a needle in a haystack but given the uniqueness of the Greek alphabet you really need that specific part. Kudos to you for figuring out what number you need. I am not finding this part even on HP's Store for other countries using their part number Code for their language. So you will have to find it if at all in the third party reseller market.

Here is a Dutch site that claims they will have it available tomorrow:

https://www.centralpoint.nl/notebook-spare-parts/hp/top-cover-black-w-tp-w-kb-acg-art-l22937-151-num...

Post back if you need any more help and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

See this on p. 69 of the Service Manual:

The top cover with keyboard remains after removing all other spared parts from the computer

This means you must completely disassemble the laptop and then rebuild it onto the new backlit top cover with keyboard. Yes, if you can find the part it would work with your motherboard and you would have a backlit keyboard. Parts with the "L" SKU numbers are exceedingly difficult to find for some reason. Add to that the Greek language of the keyboard and you are looking for a needle in a haystack but given the uniqueness of the Greek alphabet you really need that specific part. Kudos to you for figuring out what number you need. I am not finding this part even on HP's Store for other countries using their part number Code for their language. So you will have to find it if at all in the third party reseller market.

Here is a Dutch site that claims they will have it available tomorrow:

https://www.centralpoint.nl/notebook-spare-parts/hp/top-cover-black-w-tp-w-kb-acg-art-l22937-151-num...

Post back if you need any more help and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, Huffer! I'll see if I can find something a bit cheaper then, maybe the American or the UK version. Again, thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

I think your odds go up a lot if you will accept an English language part. Good luck and let us know if you can use some help searching that or figuring a way to get the part to Greece. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.