Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

i had to install a new hard drive in my notebook. everything is fine so far but the battery is not recognized. Windows recognizes the battery but not the notebook. The BIOS always says "Not Available". I can not select the item in the BIOS. I have now already bought the third battery 😞
The notebook is old, but otherwise runs fine.
I can not somehow see that I have to buy a new notebook. The HP battery test breaks down. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have also tried shutting down the notebook, holding down the power button for 15 seconds and then reinstalling the battery. No change. Does anyone here know the problem and knows a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Marion_G1

That needs to be checked physically. Please check with the dealer or else you can contact support and they will assist you with the available repair options.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Marion_G1

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting recognized.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning and an Happy new Year😀!!!

Thank you for your answer! I did not expect that someone responds at all, since the notebook is already older. 

Product Number : K1H57EA#ABD

Serial Number: 5CD4444VMC

Model: 17-k104ng

The BIOS is up to date. Version F.57 Rev.A from Dec 6, 2018

I have really tried ALL the diagnostic options that HP offers. No error is displayed. Also a check of the operating system showed no errors, except that the battery is not recognized. In the BIOS it says "n/a" under battery. But I can't select this item either. HP has probably blocked this.🤔

I just think it would be such a shame not to be able to use a super-functioning notebook properly because of such a small thing.

I really hope you can help me. Writing to HP is probably my last option and I love my old notebook.....😪

Stay healthy and many greetings from Germany!!!
Marion

HP Recommended

@Marion_G1

Thank you and happy new year to you as well.

I recommend you contact support as it looks like a hardware issue. The battery connector might have gone bad and that could be a reason why the battery is not getting detected.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hallo,

thanks for the tip. I am wondering if HP support could help me with a hardware failure. 🤔
I would first take the device to a dealer who is here in town. Maybe he can measure it. Is the battery connector available as a spare part or is it soldered to the mainboard?

HP Recommended

@Marion_G1

That needs to be checked physically. Please check with the dealer or else you can contact support and they will assist you with the available repair options.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.