Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP ENVY TS m7 Notebook PC

I have an issue with trying to install a virus protection program to my notebook, with 92% way through insallation it crashes and comes up with blue  screen error messages. Also I tried to find my model notebook by entering Product number and serial number  but HP reckons it does not exist or was bought from overseas, which it wasn't. How do I find out what my problems are with this laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good Morning @jh1909

Thank you for your reply.

When I googled the error message you received I located this Microsoft document   Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR  that informs  you  there is  hardware issue .  With that being said I would test the hardware in your notebook.

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

Once you have determined the fauly part you can check the maintenance and servcie guide for your notebook to locate the part number if you are thinking about replacing the defective part yourself.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @jh1909 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I see that you tried to install an anti virus program. It got to 92% and then blue screens with error messages.  You were unable to locate your model and serial number .  Here is a link to How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

What were the error messages?

What Operating System are you running?

Do you have enough free space for the installation?

Did you remove any previous versions of anti virus software before trying the  installation.

What anti virus program do you have?

Have you tried installing the anti virus from safe mode?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1, 

Thanks for your reply, Its been a very frustrating couple of weeks. Firstly my Hp   envy stuffs up and then my live mail on my desktop decides to play up, It wont load off any link in the mail messege. I have resurrected my original HP notebook to reply to you. To the main issue, In  answer to your questions - I am using 8.1 OS, I have 3/4  of  1TB HD available, Have removed all other antivirus programs etc, I have Bitdefender Totalsecurity 2015 to install.I have it on our 2 decktop PC already and its working fine. The difference is both Decktops are running Win 7 whilst HPEnvy is 8.1.Have tried installing in safe mode - same result. The first screen after it crashes is a blue message stating that computer has run into a problem tries to collect imformation then reboots, at the bottom of message  says  for further  information on  WDEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR  go to a site for further information,  It then just goes into a continuous loop.

Regards JH1909

HP Recommended

Good Morning @jh1909

Thank you for your reply.

When I googled the error message you received I located this Microsoft document   Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR  that informs  you  there is  hardware issue .  With that being said I would test the hardware in your notebook.

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

Once you have determined the fauly part you can check the maintenance and servcie guide for your notebook to locate the part number if you are thinking about replacing the defective part yourself.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks Sparkles1 all good now cable was faulty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.