Lon007
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Over heating laptop

HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Need help cooling down my new laptop = HP Spectre  x360 15.6" the temperature has been maintaining 180-185 F while operating this new laptop. I do video editing and some complex spreadsheet calculations for work. My 8 year old HP Laptop with i7 Intel chip with 16/Gb Ram 17.1" - I forget the model could handle the same Blu-ray burning and video editing without the high level of heat that comes out of this machine.

I know there is an HP Coolsense app that should be utilized, which was running at the time. The GPU had a fan failure which according to the Geek Squad at Best Buy, caused the high temperature readings. I did not even have this for a month! Best Buy reluctantly gave me a refund towards another same laptop. I would be fine with that but a little gun shy after spending $2K on it! I want to get a laptop cooler, but do not know which one would be my best solution - any thoughts?

Thanks the new laptop will be delivered tomorrow.

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,772 18,749 1,541 1,515
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lon007, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation