Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G72-b66us
Linux

I wasntw sure if iIshould posrpthis in the hardware oe how-to section.  In short the case screws are stuck.  I tried to remove the hard drive cover, ram cover, and even the screw holding the DVD drive in place.  

I did remove the batter, but I am unable to turn any of the screws.  Thet arenta stripped and I am using the correct size screw driver.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have opened probably hundreds of laptops of all ages from the 1980s to current and never had this problem. Unless someone else got to it first and overtorqued. These things are built in factories and everything is metered and standardized so case screws are torqued just enough but not too much. All I can suggest is to get a larger screwdriver. Physics. If you have a screwdriver with a thicker handle you turn the screw with more torque. Make sure the bit you use fits just right in the slot so you do not strip it. 

HP Recommended

I'm guessing someone got to it before me.  I've taken apart 3 versions of this model and put back together without a problem.

I will go out and get a new p0 and 1 screwdriver today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.