Level 1
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Overclocking CPU

HP Recommended
3qt65ea#acb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, please tell me, how can I overclocking this processor? 

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
29,313 29,223 2,670 6,445
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alexsar1 

We're NOT going to tell you -- for two reasons:

First, overclocking generates a LOT more heat, and in a laptop, that is its worst enemy.  If you force this, you are almost certainly going to force a thermal crash of the system and that runs the risk of trashing the processor.

Second, overclocking violates the warranty -- and we are not permitted to assist folks in doing that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
alexsar1
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood wrote:

@alexsar1 

We're NOT going to tell you -- for two reasons:

First, overclocking generates a LOT more heat, and in a laptop, that is its worst enemy.  If you force this, you are almost certainly going to force a thermal crash of the system and that runs the risk of trashing the processor.

Second, overclocking violates the warranty -- and we are not permitted to assist folks in doing that.

Thank you, but even on the website about this processor it is said that overclocking from 1.8 to 2.4 is possible?

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
29,313 29,223 2,670 6,445
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alexsar1 

If you have an Omen gaming laptop, those are designed to be overclocked and come with an HP Omen utility for doing that.

Otherwise, the processor capability is NOT the issue -- the issue is Overheating!  And that will cause damage to the laptop, which is why we can not provide assistance with this.

You would have to do this using BIOS advanced settings -- but those have been locked out by HP and we can not bypass that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation