Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z6AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I've got a Victus laptop with r5 5600h and rtx 3060. 

When I play a game like cyberpunk 2077, CPU heats up to 101˚C. In some reviews I have watched was mentioned, that temperature does not exeec 70-80 ˚C

Is this normal temperatures in games?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@YolTheDragon,

If your gaming laptop is still under warranty, consider [the hassle of] opening a service ticket.  Regardless, I would get a side-vent cooling fan as suggested by me -it really would make a difference.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@YolTheDragon,

(Gaming) laptops run usually hotter than desktops, but 100+ °C for any extended periods of time would be, well, undesirable.

Question: when was the last time you took your laptop apart and cleaned out your CPU heatsink?  Come to think of it, when was the last time you renewed your processor's (high-performance such as Grizzly Kryonaut!) thermal paste?

Also, what has helped me out on my laptop are external cooling aids like a laptop side- or back vent cooler like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098WCYMNV?pd_rd_i=B098WCYMNV&pd_rd_w=Fmh43&pf_rd_p=7672bfb7-93b0-4322-b74... and/or a laptop cooling pad like this one: https://www.amazon.com/TopMate-C11-Lighting-Compatible-Adjustable/dp/B08CZBH7FV/ref=zg_bs_1477084501....

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, NonSequitur777

I got this laptop from a store so it was never dissassembled, it's new

In this review of similar laptop, but with r5 5800h CPU, mentioned, that top temperature is 90°C https://youtu.be/W18HaYdl3VM?t=592 (just an example)

On AMD website it said, that the max temperature is 105°C

So i don't understand, why temperature rises that much with my r5 5600h, almost to the max temp 

HP Recommended

@YolTheDragon,

If your gaming laptop is still under warranty, consider [the hassle of] opening a service ticket.  Regardless, I would get a side-vent cooling fan as suggested by me -it really would make a difference.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I openned a ticket as you suggested, but store service center said that that laptop works properly. I asked for a replacement of that laptop with the same but from stock.

New one does not heat that much

In AIDA64 stress test temperatures are about 85 ˚C, in Cyberpunk 2077 80-90 ˚C, mostly close to 80˚C

On the previous laptop it was 102˚C both in AIDA64 and CP (and other games like Control)

HP Recommended

@YolTheDragon,

Excellent news!  -I would call that a very positive outcome, I'm happy for you!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.