Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 14m-ba114dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Current X360 has 128g drive.  Want to upgrade to 256g but manual shows two part numbers.  Not sure which one to order.

Service manual shows 939842-001 for 14-cc0xx models   or 923684-001 for all others models.

Parts surfer shows 939841-001 for my current  128g which puts this laptop under 14-cc0xx models.

My model is 14m-ba114dx  Prod no- 1kt49ua

Which is the right part number?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@serg002

Your machine uses M.2 SSD part number  939841-001 which is  128GB TLC as shown on the following link

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=1KT49UA

(Please keep or bookmark the link for future references).

If you wish to have more space, my suggestion is to install HDD or SSD on the 2.5" bay. This will save you many works  and headache, because you don't need to touch to the existing SSD.

Probably you already have the manual, please read it (under Hard drive section) and instal 1TB or 2TB of 2.5" HDD or SSD

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Have a couple of questions to follow up:

1.  So if I replace my current solid state 128 to a 256g the correct p/n to order is 939842-001 putting it under the model 14-cc0xx.  Confusion is mine is a ba114dx. 

2. I have the manual but it lacks some information. 1. need part numbers for all the pieces needed to install a SSD such has the rubber housing and the cables etc..(saw the rubber housing pn in manual but not cables)  2. instructions on how to hook it all up as manual does not cover adding a SSD.  It appears it thinks you may have a SSD already installed.

3. if I go to a SSD can I make it the primary and the 128 currently installed the secondary?

HP Recommended

@serg002 wrote:

... 3. if I go to a SSD can I make it the primary and the 128 currently installed the secondary?

Hi,

My above option is the simplest way to get more space I did give you a link which shows all parts of your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, first post but trying to add 2nd hdd. hp parts says not supported but know it is. bought csble from parts but wrong cable. looks like 11 pin?

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-ba1xx Product number 1KT49UA#ABA

Can anyone help?

Dj

HP Recommended

I do have a similar issue, but didnt buy the cables/connectors yet, Have been trying to search in parts surfer but couldnt find it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.