Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
13Q73UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've just purchased a Pavilion 14-CE3064ST and would like to replace the hard disk with an SSD. I'm attempting to take off the case, but it seems the usual procedures are not sufficient. There's something still attached to the bottom cover in the center of the laptop between the bottom cover and the electronics that I can't access.

I've removed the three P0 screws along the bottom front as well as the two P1 screws under the rubber feet in the back. I've then used by plastic pry tool to go around the circumference of the bottom cover until it is fully separated from the outside edges.

However, again, there's still something holding the back cover to the bottom of the case. How do I fully remove the bottom cover?

Also, will I need any additional parts (such as an SSD ribbon cable) to install an SSD drive into this unit?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@gossamer 

Maintenance and Service Guide

The instructions show that after everything is ready (screws removed), you need to pry open the cover with a small flat bit of plastic or other tool.

Component replacement procedures - Bottom Cover >> Pages 51-52

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals / User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion - 14-ce3064st 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, but it's not helpful. Did you even read my post?

I explain that I've already followed the normal procedures for removing the bottom cover, but there is still something holding the bottom cover to the electronics underneath, even after removing the five screws detailed in the manual.

The back cover is being held on not around the edges but in the middle of the laptop somehow. Is it necessary to do anything from the top (keyboard side) of the laptop prior to taking off the back cover? What kind of connector is holding the back cover to the bottom of the laptop beyond just the five screws?

What does the bottom (underside) of the bottom cover look like? What is attached to it that must be removed in addition to removing the cover itself from the bottom of the laptop?

HP Recommended

@gossamer 

You are welcome.

Check here...

HP Support Channel - Collection of “how-to” videos

HP Video Gallery - YouTube

• Use Categories to narrow the results. 
  • Select your Video

For example, 

HP PC Service Videos | Remove and Replace Parts 

At this writing, there are 22 videos for "Pavilion", one of which is for the "Pavilion 14"

Service Teardown: HP Pavilion 14-dv0000 Laptop PC | HP Computer Service | HP 

Ah...

Yes, I read the post.

Sorry I cannot help.

I will withdraw having nothing more to add to the conversation.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I figured it out. There's apparently two little tabs attached to the top cover that fit under the battery or something else on the chassis itself that are released by actually pushing down on the center of the bottom cover while lifting from the sides and sliding it towards the back.

Unfortunately this was not clear to me until after I broke one of them by removing it in the process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.