Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion - 15-au123cl Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I'm in the middle of upgrade my desktop and laptops since I started running a recording studio out of my house to make some $$$ during the quarantine, and my current RAM needs upgrading. Is there a way to see exactly what RAM is compatible with my laptop? I looked at the product page for my laptop and couldn't find anything concrete, but when I looked at the page for my desktop computer, I was able to find exact model numbers for what I can upgrade when it comes to the processor and RAM. I'm also debating upgrade the processor on my laptop if the RAM doesn't speed things up enough for me.

Below are my Laptop and Desktop for reference

HP Pavilion 15-au123cl

HP Envy 700-414

Thank you for any help you guys can provide 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,737 84,624 10,700 22,938
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@glassercannon wrote:

.... I was able to find exact model numbers for what I can upgrade when it comes to the processor and RAM. I'm also debating upgrade the processor on my laptop if the RAM doesn't speed things up enough for me.

@glassercannon 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-au100-notebook-pc/12499208/document/c05281411#Ab...

1. Processor: Forget this, processor is soldered down to the system board.

2. RAM: It supports 16GB, Your can use

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4sfs824a/ct10568831    (will run at 2133MHz).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation