Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-bn070wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

81pKLdEuMZL._SY88.jpgCustomer bought a 15-BN070wm from Amazon
When it boots it shows a splash screen that says Secondary Educational Sector Investment Program SESIP
Lots of middle eastern type charactors too.
It has to be coming from the board. Pulled the HD and put in SSD to test it is still there.
He would like it removed.
I downloaded the latest BIOS and it is still there.
Laptop works perfectly except for the Splash Screen
Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@cttwilliam

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

The only way to remove this message is by performing comptele system factory reset which will put the computer to its original factory settings. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file inorder to install Windows operating system. 

1. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)
  2. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3to perform a System Recovery (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So even thought I deleted the partitions with diskpart
And re-partitioned and reloaded from windows bootable USB.
The Splash Screen is still there
You are telling me it is coming from windows????? How is that possible.
We even put in a new SSD and Loaded Windows and it is still there.

What do you think?

HP Recommended

@cttwilliam
Thank you for posting back. 

The computer that you've purchased does not seems to have Original OS and Secondary Educational Sector Investment Program SESIP pop message indicates that this computer is used for business purpose with SESIP account. Hence, reinstalling the windows will clear previous user account. 

I would suggest try performing clean factory installation process should resolve this issue. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK I understand what you are saying, but can you please explain how it got on a totally different drive. A new out of the box SSD.
When we booted off our install media that was created with Media Creator on a entirely different computer.
When it was installed and booted it still showed that splash screen?

HP Recommended

OK Echo I did exactly as you said used the HP tool made the USB and installed from it.
Once it finished with a total install and it rebooted and the logo was still there in place of the HP logo.
I am telling you it is in the BIOS. IT IS NOT IN WINDOWS.
So how do I get rid of it.

HP Recommended

@cttwilliam
Thank you for posting back. 

As you've mentioned this sounds like BIOS files are not getting flashed and to fix this issue you might need to ship the unit in for repair. 

Note: I understand this worked earlier but now due to some unknown reason the computer is not posting after the HP logo. As we performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue remains you can flash the BIOS from the local tech repair store or you can ship the unit in for repair. 

Try installing the OS on an HDD instead of SSD and check whether computer boots to desktop.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you reading what I am posting.
Do you know the difference between an SDD and HD
As far as windows it concerned I never stated I have a problem with windows or booting or going to the desktop.
You decided it was windows showing the splash screen when I originally told you it was coming from the BIOS.
I appreciate you trying to help but I think this is over your head.

Surely someone can tell me how to over ride the BIOS and get rid of the LOGO and have it display the HP logo at post.

HP Recommended

@cttwilliam Here's what you need to know:

The boot screen that masks the bios post testing of the system, hardware device checks such as memory fitted, hard drives present and connected, and graphics cards ect.

Is often part of the programmed bios.

On some motherboards where the system is not pre-built such as a HP tower system.
But is a user build, depending on the motherboard used, the brand type.

As for example Asus branded motherboards, the boot logo can be changed to what the user desires.

It is normally done through a program running in windows.
For example on the provided Asus software and driver suite there comes a program called my logo.
Where you can create your own splash screen logo Dexxter.

It is then programmed back to the bios chip of the motherboard so the new self designed logo is displayed on booting the system.

Like most motherboards, there will be an option in the bios of the motherboard you have to disable the boot logo as well.
So you can see the system hardware testing by the motherboard, and the results for any errors that may occur while the system powers up or boots.

Follow these steps to enable or disable the HP or Compaq logo screen:

1. Restart the computer.

2. If your computer came with Vista or later, press F10 repeatedly to enter the system BIOS screen.

If your computer came with XP or earlier, press F1 repeatedly to enter the system BIOS screen.

3. Select the Boot section using the right arrow key.

4. Select Boot-time Diagnostic Screen using the up and down arrow keys.

5. Press Enter to select boot-time diagnostic.

6. Select Disabled to show the logo screen or select Enabled to remove the logo screen and display diagnostics.

7. Press Enter.

8. Press F10, and then press Enter to save the changes and exit the system BIOS.

The start up screen has been enabled.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As stated it is a 6 month old HP 15-bn070wm
Your instructions are not for this laptop at all not even close. Why you would tell me about ASUS or non pre-built
There is no where in the bios to turn off this spalsh screen I can change the length of time it is displayed but that is all.
I just need to over write the BIOS and using the update bios file from your site will not do that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.