Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Kindly let me know if the TouchPad button board should be removed and/or serviced, please.  There are two Phillips broadhead PM2.5×2.0 screws to be removed from the optical drive bay (4) as given on page 53 of HP 15 Maintenence and Service Guide.  Is there a special tool available to extracty these two screws, which seem to be stuck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Edcondi

I have gone through your post and I see that you need help removing the 2 Philips screws near the Optical drive

You need to use a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the Phillips M2.5×6.5 screw that secures the optical drive to the compute

You can refer to page 32 from this User guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763999

If you are still unable to remove the screws then you need to contact our Phone Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

2) Click on "Continue as guest". 

3) Enter the serial of your device. You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating your Serial Number.

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". 

6) Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Edcondi

I have gone through your post and I see that you need help removing the 2 Philips screws near the Optical drive

You need to use a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the Phillips M2.5×6.5 screw that secures the optical drive to the compute

You can refer to page 32 from this User guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763999

If you are still unable to remove the screws then you need to contact our Phone Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

2) Click on "Continue as guest". 

3) Enter the serial of your device. You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating your Serial Number.

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". 

6) Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help and time to respond so effectively.  I noticed a loos connection under the touchpad, which I reset.  However the touchpad at random just makes the cursor wander, even when the left button is held down.

But all said and done I whis to convey my appreciation and gratitude for your instructions and most kind help. 🙂

HP Recommended

@Edcondi

You're welcome.

As @KrazyToad is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Thank you or your motivational kind words as it keeps us going. 

Feel free to reach out to us for any further help in future.

Take care! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.