cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion DV6 Can i upgrade to windows 10

HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. A friend has given me a Pavilion DV6 running Windows 7 Home.  Can it be upgraded to Windows 10?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
4,426 4,408 449 755
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BigRedSwitch wrote:

Hi. A friend has given me a Pavilion DV6 running Windows 7 Home.  Can it be upgraded to Windows 10?

Hi,

I'd stick with Win 7 but the upgrade should be possible.

https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2018/11/29/how-to-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade-for-windows...

The Win 10 upgrade wipes all the hardware drivers and replaces them with the embedded Microsoft ones because they don't develop Win 10 drivers backward for old laptops. When MS launched the free upgrade and people started upgrading it ruined so many computers that I don't remember anyone not having any issues with it. Before you do any changes make sure there are drivers at least for the chipset, graphics card, audio and network. 

Dv6-7000 Debian Buster
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation