Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ask if the computer can be used both in vertical or horizontal position.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@paolo8,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding information to place the computer vertically or horizontally.  I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Are you speaking about the tower being placed vertically or horizontally or is it the flat screen of the computer that needs to be positioned in this manner?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.

However, for now, let me keep you posted about a few things here.

• The tower can be positioned both vertically or horizontally. Make sure that there is nothing placed on the desktop tower. It should not matter. It is designed to work in both positions both vertically and horizontally.
  • Some flat screen monitors can also be rotated vertically or horizontally if they are allowed to by the clamps that hold them in place.
  • Hope this answers your question.
  • Please check this link: https://hp.care/2KNZMIh for furhter assistance.

This is a third party link. Please follow only instructions on it. Do not click on any image, link. ad, download or icon. It is strictly to follow instructions and screenshots (if found) only. Please adhere to this.

I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind. 

Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  It is paramount to assist you as you are a valued HP customer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes you can turn it over on its side if it is a tower or stack it vertically even if it is a low profile workstation type machine. Won't affect anything. 

HP Recommended

@paolo8,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding information to place the computer vertically or horizontally.  I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Are you speaking about the tower being placed vertically or horizontally or is it the flat screen of the computer that needs to be positioned in this manner?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.

However, for now, let me keep you posted about a few things here.

• The tower can be positioned both vertically or horizontally. Make sure that there is nothing placed on the desktop tower. It should not matter. It is designed to work in both positions both vertically and horizontally.
  • Some flat screen monitors can also be rotated vertically or horizontally if they are allowed to by the clamps that hold them in place.
  • Hope this answers your question.
  • Please check this link: https://hp.care/2KNZMIh for furhter assistance.

This is a third party link. Please follow only instructions on it. Do not click on any image, link. ad, download or icon. It is strictly to follow instructions and screenshots (if found) only. Please adhere to this.

I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind. 

Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  It is paramount to assist you as you are a valued HP customer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

DavidSMP,

the desktop PC is a Pavilion Power 580-105nl and the question was referred to the tower case. Thank you for your assistance.

Thanks to Provost too.

I also wonder if the DVI output is sufficient to drive a 140 Hz gaming monitor without loss of quality and speed (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 -3 GB DDR5)

HP Recommended

@paolo8,

At the outset, I would genuinely like to thank you for accepting this as a solution. It is great to hear from you again.

Coming to answering your question, This graphics card has an HDMI port also. So that is the best route to go to play and watch high-end games and movies.

This card supports DVI out of the box, however, there will be no audio you will need speakers connected again to the computer's audio port. HDMI supports both. It is best to connect it to the HDMI port and you are good to go,

The video signal over DVI is basically the same as HDMI. The maximum resolution potential depends on the equipment, though. Some cables and hardware (called single-link) can only do 1,920x1,200, while others (dual-link) can do more. So on paper, it should support it if the card is capable of doing it.

Please check these links for further assistance:

Link 1: specs of 1060: https://hp.care/2KNBv56

Link 2: specs of 1060: https://hp.care/2GMWClk

Link 3: https://hp.care/2GMWCSm  

Hope this answers your question.

Some of these links are third party links.

Please follow only instructions mentioned in these links. Do not click on any image, link. ad, download or icon. It is strictly for following instructions and screenshots (if found) only. Please adhere to this.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.