Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ExamplePavilion X360

I have had my laptop a little over a year now. Recently, I noticed the screen popping out at the right-hand corner. It's especially an issue the further I try to open the laptop (more than a 90-degree angle). which means I can't use it in tablet mode - I usually use it in PC mode anyway so I don't see how it could have been caused by overuse. 

I notice that this is quite a common issue for people with X360 laptops, as I see many people on here with the same problem. It is quite difficult for me to get it fixed professionally because I had it shipped to my country from the US and shipping it back is pretty much out of the question. How do I fix this? HP needs to rectify this problem immediately. I see people on here saying the cost to fix it is the same amount as, if not more than what they paid for the laptop. Faulty product. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Vvvvv1
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my laptop.  I have had mine also a little over a year.  The reason I purchased it was so I could use it either mode.  I  verwas hesitant to purchase this laptop due to the hinges, which was a problem before on an older HP model I owned, but I thought that since this was a newer product it would be much different this time.  This is very disappointing.  How can I get my laptop fixed?

HP Recommended

Hi @LadyBlue95

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I bought my laptop less than two month ago. Started using it in January 2020. Using it this morning and heard a crack. The bottom right o f the screen is popping out. sigh!!!!!!!! I am so disappointed. How do I fix this? 

HP Recommended

I know how you feel.  Actually, someone from HP support reached out to me to follow-up on my initial inquiry.  I had to provide him my laptop's model and serial number.  I was asked to send my laptop for  inspection and repair.  It took about a week from beginning to end.  The process was awesome! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.