Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dh2034nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got advice here before about dual external displays, and I just got a G5 dock, 5TW10UT#ABA. 

Using USB-c connection, laptop does not recognize display connected to HDMI port on dock (but laptop works fine extending another display using HDMI port on laptop). Mouse dongle connected to dock works fine.

Laptop specs are here:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-14-dh2000-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-series/3256932...

These are the USB port specs:

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate

(note it does not say "data transfer only", as it did with my last laptop)

Here's the link to the advice I got previously regarding my old laptop, which burned out after 13 months of use (before I bought the dock):

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-x360-14-cd1033-Dual-Exter...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EricMacGillicu

I reviewed your post and I understand that the G5 dock is not supporting display on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The docking stations that you have purchased works with a USB C Thunderbolt port and the USB C port on your computer doesn’t support display, also, it is not a Thunderbolt port.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What about the G2 dock? Will that drive 2 external displays from my x360?

HP Recommended

@EricMacGillicu

Even the G2 docking station works with a USB C Thunderbolt port and as informed earlier, your computer doesn't have a Thunderbolt port.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.