Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp compaq 6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc hp compaq 6200 does not fully shutdown when I shut it down. Power supply, cpu and chasy fans are stay on but hard drive goes off. Even when I boot it, do not display hp logo and other options straighter way goes to windows startup screen. Tried many was of fixing this like changing power option, resetting bios, even changing power supply too. But wasn’t possible. Please anybody help me to fixe this issue

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Amilfdo Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop will not shut down completely.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

http://wind8apps.com/solve-windows-8-1-windows-10-shutdown-problems/

Also, perform the below steps and check.

1. Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “X”.
  2. After you opened up the menu you will have to left click on the “Command Prompt as Administrator” to open it.
  3. In the command prompt window you will need to write the following line “bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes” without the quotes. Note: Be sure to type the command exactly how it is written above and include a space between the line “bcdedit /set disabledynamictick” and the “yes” word.
  4. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
  5. Reboot the Windows 8.1 or the Windows 10 device and see if you still have this issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.