Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp-15gdr0008u
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all techgeeks,

I am here to relive my question that I asked before 1 month ago about performance of hp product but I think there are some more points to add.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Performance-issue-in-HP-Notebo...

Configuration is mentioned as per this link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06123476

So now I have a laptop that is nearly 4 months old but I am not getting satisfactory performance in windows 10 even when I am not doing any operations. I also noted that disk usage is always showing high between 75% to 100% and launching software like google chrome or app-store is out of the question off course.

With having 4GB built-in ram inside new notebook, I can't even perform basic operations like going to files and folders and also changing sound as well. Amount of ram used is also high always.

Microsoft recommends 2GB ram for 64 bit os but I think there are inaccuracy in requirements when it comes to windows 10 64 bit os.

So lastly I downgraded my system to windows 7 while it is about to disappear while facing several headaches during installations and all. Windows-7 is just working fine.

If it is really required to upgrade to 8GB ram, then why HP is still manufacturing these types of laptops?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shashank_90 

I'm not arguing about Windows 10 needs only 2GB (as recommended) of RAM to run. Yes, it can but at which point ? Now back to your question:

>>>>> If it is really required to upgrade to 8GB ram, then why HP is still manufacturing these types of laptops?

My answer is yes, you don't need to BUT if you wish to run it a bit faster, one cheap way for your case is to add 4GB more RAM.

Machine has the following specs

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06123476

with slow CPU, slow HDD. Adding more RAM will reduce HDD activities that why it will run a bit faster.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien

Bit faster does not mean that I want to run multiple processes or any complicated tasks.

Even os gets slower to load itself. That is the point.

What I mean to say is that this system can't be shown to even a new person who sees computer for the first time in his life.

What could be worst than that if you have to wait for more than 5 mins to load only nothing but os itself even after purchasing a brand new system.

HP Recommended

Hi! My laptop has 8gb ram but still having the same issue!!!! 

Can hp please solve this problem ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.