Valasansi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Picture not showing on external monitors

HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a second monitor that was given to me to use. I do not know the make and model of it. Unfortunately, it was old and the electronics inside fizzled out. I tried a new screen but the issue is that the computer is detecting it fine but no image is showing up on the monitor itself. According to the computer, everything is fine, but on the actual screen itself it comes up with "no signal detected" or similar.
I have tested this on multiple screens and there is always the same issue. These other screens work fine
I did have success on one screen, a Pretchen, which was brought on Amazon. I tried ordering the same one as I cannot use the one I tested it on but I think something different has arrived and now I am having the same issue.
I have spoken to someone about this and they believe it may be to do with the fact that my laptop has two graphics cards but I do not know if there is a way to circumvent this issue. One card is an Intel UHD 630 and one is a Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti. However, some screens work, but most do not. It isn't a port problem as the old screen was working through the HDMI port and the other one I successfully tested was through the USB C port. I have run a BIOS update but that hasn't fixed this.
Has anyone else had this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,855 22,814 1,026 1,059
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Valasansi

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Note Before you begin: Turn off the computer. And disconnect all connected devices from the computer except the mouse and keyboard. This includes removing thumb drives and camera-type memory cards.

Step 1: Checking the power

Step 2: Displaying a built-in on-screen message

Step 3: Fixing a bad video connection

Step 4: Testing the video connection

Step 4: Connecting the monitor to a different computer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation