Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Often when I open or close my notebook small, clear plastic beads are left behind on my desk (see photo below).  What is causing this?  Is it a sign the hidge is being damaged?

Beads from HP.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@skokiaan

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an Envy Notebook. I read that when you open or close the laptop, clear plastic beads are left behind on the desk. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Does the screen lid and open smoothly or do you hear some creaking or crackling noise?
  • Where are the beads located on your laptop or are they falling from the inside of the laptop through the air vents?

Meanwhile, if the hinge appears to be damage and if your laptop is under warranty then please contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options. Please feel free to reply with the information. I'll be here to assist you. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.