Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp spectre 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I am really desperate for some help!

I have tried a 45 W charger (the required charger power output) and it won't charge but the charger works and it also works on another laptop of a same model. The person who has the same model said that he recieved a pop up on his laptop whether or not to accept the charger or not and he clicked yes and the charger worked. But I never got a pop up like that.

Other chargers work on my laptop but this one doesnt. Another thing is, 2 of the ports don't work anymore, only the charging port does. And the laptop won't turn on unless there is something in one of the ports that don't work (even if it's not chargering).

I am really confused, I have done a factory reset and I have run battery diagnostics which say everything is fine. I don't want to spend more money on another charger when this one is supposed to work as well and I also just want my laptop to work properly. Please help! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Frustrated_uni_ 

I really wish folks would STOP doing Factory Resets when the problems are almost certainly hardware related.  Not only does the factory reset NOT fix the problem, it actually makes matters worse -- by setting your PC back weeks or months in terms of the Windows version, and then Windows Update kicks in and locks up the PC for HOURS doing windows updates you would not have needed to do if you had not done the reset.

You should not be having problems like this with a new PC!

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

Unfortunately, we are NOT HP Tech Support and we have no way to diagnose or repair your PC, so while this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.
To contact HP Support Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.