Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15g-br1xx / HP Notebook - 15g-br106tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At the beginning of the month, I realized that something was wrong with my laptop battery. It would shut down automatically around the 70% mark. This threshold kept on increasing until now where my laptop shuts down as soon as I unplug the charger. The battery shows 94 or 93% the entire time. I have tried hard resetting the laptop, updating the BIOS, uninstalling, and reinstalling the battery driver, but to no avail.  So, I decided to replace the battery. 

This leads me to my next issue. I am not able to figure out the exact model name of my laptop. When I check in the "About" section in the settings it shows "HP Laptop 15g-br1xx", but when I run the HP online tool to detect the laptop, it shows "HP Notebook - 15g-br106tx". Is there any way to know for certain the exact model name of the laptop? Also, I could not find the specific battery required. Could someone please let me know the battery number or how to solve this particular problem? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sidshenoy_08

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for a replacement battery for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

HP Pavilion x360 - 15g-br106tx is the model of your computer. Refer to the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Below is the battery part number.

919701-850

You can contact support and they will assist you in ordering the battery for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.