Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 17-ca1025nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

On a recently bought model HP Notebook 17-ca1025nm, the Power LED is always on when the AC adapter is connected and plugged in - even when shut down.  (showing white when fully charged and orange when charging, which is OK)

If I pull the cable out, the LED goes out (which is also fine)

The reason I'm asking: On an older model (HP ProBook 470 G2) the light went out after about half an hour after shutting down (when still connected to wall plug but fully charged) but on this one it just keeps shining forever. Hard reset, safe mode etc have no effect.

Just to be sure, is this normal operation?

Best regards

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Aziraphaelius Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that power led is glowing after the laptop shutdown.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Step 1:

The first one is the most common step that you must have encountered a lot of times while looking for a solution if you're facing this problem so I am not going to go in detail about this one.

Go to the power option and turn off a fast startup option. 

Step 2: 

1. Press windows button -> type command prompt -> right click ->select run as

administrator. (Doing this is important and simply opening command prompt from run

isn't gonna work)

2. type-> powercfg h off  -> hit enter

3. type-> exit -> hit enter

Step 3:

Please update the BIOS and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello, I performed all the steps, the issue unfortunately is still there.

Two funny things I noticed:

When I do hard reset by holding down the power button, the LED switches off when shut down is done ... but only for as long as I hold the POWER button. When I let the button go, the LED comes back on.

And also, The LED light turned off for a second during final restart after BIOS upgrade.

Sorry about the late reply but the computer is not mine and I don't see it every day

Best regards

HP Recommended

@Aziraphaelius

Thank you for the update.

I would suggest you to contact our phone support in this regard. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will contact the local support and let you know if it was a software issue

HP Recommended

@Aziraphaelius

Thank you for the update.

If you any other concerns, please get back to us.

We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Seems the behavior of light is actually different on the two models I mentioned (it says so in the manuals) and this IS the expected behavior for HP Notebook 17 model.

So you can close this ticket, thanks four your help 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.