02-05-2020 05:39 AM
Minor niggle, when I put this laptop HP ENVY X360 - 15-ds0502na into sleep mode the power led goes off & does not blink.
The other HP laptops I have the power LED will blink all the time they are in sleep mode.
Just a niggle as I cannot tell if it is in sleep mode or has been shutdown.
02-07-2020 04:31 PM - edited 02-07-2020 04:37 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
If sleep mode is enabled on your computer, there are several ways to wake the laptop one is with keyboard or just pushing the power button.
Let's try this workaround:
- Click the "Start" button in the lower-left corner.
- Select "Control Panel" and the select hardware and Sound
- Open "Change what the power buttons do" under the "Power Options" section.
- On battery" "When I close the lid" Select "Do nothing."
- Plugged in When I close the lid" row. Select "Do nothing."
- Click "Save Changes" to keep your new configurations. Your HP laptop will no longer go into sleep mode and the LED won't blink when you close the lid.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
02-08-2020 02:50 AM
Thank you for your reply.
You have mis read my question.
The laptop WILL go into sleep mode as it should by clicking the screen power setting & sleep or by closing the lid.
The issue I have is that when in sleep mode the power led is NOT blinking it goes off as if the laptop has shut down.
Opening the lid or tapping a key or touchpad the laptop will start up from sleep mode as it should.
I have re-set the laptop several times but his has not solved the problem, a minor issue as I said.
02-08-2020 12:03 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee