Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G60-230US Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

ear fellow HP users, I am having a power problem with my HP G60-230US. The battery would not charge up so I bought a new battery and installed it.

Now the new batter is not charging, so the problem is something else. I ran a report using command prompt "powercfg -energy", that I can provide.

I need help figuring out why the battery is not charging. JC

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @coppens1 .
You will need to check the AC adapter for any damage, so you can follow the instructions in the following link:

HP Notebook PCs - Using and troubleshooting the AC power adapter | HP® Customer Support

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Dear Gold_Master, thanks for your response. I will try it, but I don't think that is the problem.  The computer is basically running on the power cord all the time, as the battery continually shows only 3% charge.  JC

HP Recommended

HP Forum 190222 Dnload HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to chk Batt n charger

Dear Gold_Master, as requested in the Link you provided, I Downloaded HP PC Hardware Diagnostics from the HP website. What downloaded was sp135884. I installed it and nothing happened so I tried F2 at startup to run it. I noted nothing having to do with batteries or chargers. Did I miss something?

HP Recommended

@coppens1 .

So here there is a direct problem with the battery which may mean that it is quite worn out, so much so that it can only retain 3% charge.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

There is a circuit for running the laptop and one to charge it on the motherboard. Run the adapter test and battery test to gain a better insight on the problem.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.