02-16-2020 02:48 PM - edited 02-16-2020 02:51 PM
I have my screen to shut off after a 3 minutes for both plugged in/on battery, and when the screen turns off, so does the LED light within the power button.
The owners manual says this would indicate hibernation mode, but I have everything set to not hibernate, BIOS is up to date, etc, and the computer is not hibernating, as the screen instantly comes back on when you move the mouse/touch pad. Is this normal and I simply never noticed? What does your ENVY do? Thank you.
02-19-2020 09:32 AM
@Cerealbus Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the laptop will shut down after 3 min.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
Please capture the error code or message on the blue or black screen if it appeared before the computer turned off automatically, I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:
In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
Under System Failure, remove the checkmark next to Automatically restart, and then click OK.
Restart the computer to apply the change.
The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.
For more details: click here
However, if the computer shuts down and the lights on both the power button and the charger port turn off,
you may need to try with an alternate power adapter and reseat the battery before you try using it again
And if the issue persists, please Contact HP as this could be a hardware failure.
Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
02-20-2020 02:45 PM
Thank you for the update.
Have you tried to connect to an external display and checked?
Please perform the below steps and check for the result.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step
Set BIOS default and restart:
- Restart your notebook.
- During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
- Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Press F10 to save changes and exit.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- The computer restarts using the default settings.
Have a nice day!!