Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 13.3 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 13-bf0000 (552D4AV)

Hi I have lost my original power charger but have non-HP spare charger of rating 65W, 20A 3.25A  type C. Could I use it temporarily to charge my HP envy 360 model? I mean is it compatible and is there any issue foreseen if used for long.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sanban,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Using a non-HP charger with your HP Envy 360 laptop can be risky. Here are a few considerations.

• Compatibility: The charger you have mentioned (65W, 20V, 3.25A, Type-C) seems to match the voltage and amperage requirements for your HP Envy 360. However, it's crucial to ensure that the charger provides the correct voltage and amperage as specified by HP to avoid damaging your laptop.
  • Quality and Safety: Non-HP chargers may not have undergone the same rigorous testing and certification processes as genuine HP chargers. This can potentially lead to issues such as overheating, power fluctuations, or even damage to your laptop's battery or internal components.
  • Long-term Use: While you might be able to use the charger temporarily, it's not recommended for long-term use. HP recommends using genuine HP chargers to ensure compatibility, reliability, and safety over extended periods.

If you must use a non-HP charger temporarily, ensure it matches the voltage and amperage specifications of your laptop exactly, and monitor your laptop closely for any signs of overheating or malfunction. However, for long-term use, it's best to invest in a genuine HP charger to protect your laptop and ensure optimal performance.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Sanban,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Using a non-HP charger with your HP Envy 360 laptop can be risky. Here are a few considerations.

• Compatibility: The charger you have mentioned (65W, 20V, 3.25A, Type-C) seems to match the voltage and amperage requirements for your HP Envy 360. However, it's crucial to ensure that the charger provides the correct voltage and amperage as specified by HP to avoid damaging your laptop.
  • Quality and Safety: Non-HP chargers may not have undergone the same rigorous testing and certification processes as genuine HP chargers. This can potentially lead to issues such as overheating, power fluctuations, or even damage to your laptop's battery or internal components.
  • Long-term Use: While you might be able to use the charger temporarily, it's not recommended for long-term use. HP recommends using genuine HP chargers to ensure compatibility, reliability, and safety over extended periods.

If you must use a non-HP charger temporarily, ensure it matches the voltage and amperage specifications of your laptop exactly, and monitor your laptop closely for any signs of overheating or malfunction. However, for long-term use, it's best to invest in a genuine HP charger to protect your laptop and ensure optimal performance.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks Alden for detail response and I accept it

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.