Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming 15 ak001nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello people.

I cant start my notebook and I think that it  is because of a power jack since I already tried to change an AC adapter and battery doesnt need be in notebook in order to work properly. What I would like to know is if the power light wouldn t lit up even the problem was else where.

Thank you for your help in an advance. DSC_0349.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes there are services on eBay that can do chip level motherboard work but it requires very advanced equipment and skills. Generally costs $125-150 and you can ship them just the motherboard or the whole laptop. I see you are in Slovakia so I know these kind of services exist in the USA and EU so you would likely have to send it to Germany or UK but could be done. 

This is just one example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Any-Laptop-Motherboard-Flat-Rate-Repair-Service-2010-2018/254235956730?ha...

The shipping might cost quite a bit for this one as it is USA.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I am not sure what you are trying to say but the power light confirms power from the AC adapter and also a good AC power jack to motherboard connection. Still possible for the motherboard itself to be bad and the laptop not power on even if that light is lit but if it is not lit you are not getting power into the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

So it turns out that south bridge chip is broken and they said that it Hard to acces so they want to replace whole motherboard but it costs 500€ so do you think that somebody can replace just a chip? 

HP Recommended

Yes there are services on eBay that can do chip level motherboard work but it requires very advanced equipment and skills. Generally costs $125-150 and you can ship them just the motherboard or the whole laptop. I see you are in Slovakia so I know these kind of services exist in the USA and EU so you would likely have to send it to Germany or UK but could be done. 

This is just one example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Any-Laptop-Motherboard-Flat-Rate-Repair-Service-2010-2018/254235956730?ha...

The shipping might cost quite a bit for this one as it is USA.

HP Recommended

Some guy here said he Will be able to do it but still thanks a lot

HP Recommended

"Some guy here" huh? OK good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.