Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Finally, I thought I had this issue sorted out (even though I could not get any answer for my question about what kind of digitizer was in my screen, aside from it is a "generic" digitizer, which to me implies it is indeed not a synaptics).

An HP support manager assured me that the HP Active Stylus would indeed work on my Envy x360 (m6-aq003dx, opne of the models available at Best Buy) and even went so far as to send me one free of charge (after weeks of back and forth trying to get this issue resolved). 

The stylus arrived ... nothing ... 😞

I bought this computer on consistently bad advice from several sources (from the Best Buy employees who sold it to me, to the internet forums I visited, to the support staff at HP).

Unless I did something wrong, the HP Active Stylus is indeed incompatible with the HP Envy x360, with the exception (possibly) of two specific model #'s ( HP ENVY x360 15-w0xx & HP ENVY x360 15-w1xx ).

This has been an altogether unpleasant and disheartening experience, I can't say that I am not more upset for having been sent a stylus, told it would work, and then disappointed yet again.

Anyone hoping to use an HP Envy x360 and an HP Active Stylus is going to be sorely disappointed, at least, that's how it appears from where I sit ... if you intend on using the HP Active Stylus, stick to this list ( http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879 ) and maybe you will have more success than I have 😞

HP Recommended

One final note, had I been able to get better information sooner, I would not have let the 15 day return period at Best Buy elaspse, hopeful as I was not to have my work schedule interrupted returning the laptop,  I would have likely opted for the Spectre instead, and gladly sacraficed some RAM and storage for a machine that fit my needs so much better.  As it is, I'm looking at having invested in a machine that, contrary to so much of the information I was able to come by, just doesn't do the one thing I needed it to do the most.

Sadly, for a lot of the things I intended on doing with this laptop, it just wasn't what I was sold, nor what I thought I bought, and I have never been so upset about having been so badly misinformed while making such a substantial investment.

HP Recommended

Hey! So I too got the HP Envy x360 hoping to use it for art, like many others here! I figured just as you have that the bamboo smart for 2-in-1s from Wacom could be used on it, and it can't! It doesnt work and it was the biggest disappointment!

HP Recommended

Could please write down the exact type or link of the HP Active stylus which works for your HP Envy x360?

HP Recommended

IT doesn't work, bottom line.  not with the Envy x360

HP Recommended

i am trying to find a pressure sensitive stylus for my envy x360 m6 and so far havent been successful. i came across this forum and it seems many other people are having the same problem but you seem to be the only person who has found something that worked even though others have said that the hp active stylus didnt work(but possibly works with the hp spectre x360). please confirm which model you have. i would like to confirm that the hp active stylus works before purchasing it! thanks

HP Recommended

I found this page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879

But I am not sure if this is updated, for example for HP envy x360 15-aq004nc.

Could some HP staff update this compatibility tech sheet for HP envy x360 15-aq004nc?

HP Recommended

I have the Envy X360 m6 and just got this from a support chat:

Greg: "m6-aq005dx"

Agent (May): "Thank you."

Greg: "or... w2k41ua#aba"

Greg: "1st is model. 2nd is pn"

Agent (May): "Thank you for your patience."

Agent (May): "I regret to let you know that for now there is no stylus pen that is compatible with this laptop model."

If a Stylus will work with this model, HP doesn't know about it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.