Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15t-k100

After running a battery test, the HP support assistant says my battery max charge is 60% of its maximum capacity.

I purchased an aftermarket (3rd party) replacement from Amazon but it said "plugged in, not charging" and failed the HP battery test, so I returned it to Amazon, and I'm planning to spend the money to get the OEM one.

There are two options listed here for my laptop: 

756743-001   In stock   
Battery (Primary) - 4-cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion), 2.8Ah, 41Wh (VI04041-CL)  
RoHS: COMPLY_2.05

756745-001   In stock   
SPS-BATT 4C 48WHr 3.2AH LI VI0   
RoHS: COMPLY_2.05 

The first one is the "correct" replacement that matches the current one.  But the second one - 7 more WHr!  What's the difference between these two parts?  Is the second one still the "right" battery, in that it will fit in the same primary battery bay?  Does it stick out a little bit?  Or is it just more dense?  Or is it something totally different?  I'm not sure what "SPS-BATT" means, and there aren't any pictures.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jr8709

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you're looking to get an original battery for your HP ENVY Notebook - 15t-k100 series laptop. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Both the batteries (756743-001 and 756745-001) are fully compatible with your HP laptop. 

However, WHr stands for watt-hours. The more WHr, the longer the battery will last between recharges.
The amount of power drawn will vary drastically between idle and full load, different power states, wifi being active, screen brightness etc. 

Hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jr8709

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you're looking to get an original battery for your HP ENVY Notebook - 15t-k100 series laptop. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Both the batteries (756743-001 and 756745-001) are fully compatible with your HP laptop. 

However, WHr stands for watt-hours. The more WHr, the longer the battery will last between recharges.
The amount of power drawn will vary drastically between idle and full load, different power states, wifi being active, screen brightness etc. 

Hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Perfect!  I will order the second one then with the larger capacity.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@jr8709

You're welcome. 🙂

Take care! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.