Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 15-dc0020nr

The problem occurred around a month ago. I experienced frequent power outages or surges during that week while my laptop was always plugged in. A few days after, my laptop suddenly shutdown while in use, it also happened a week after this incident and that was the end of it. I didnt really mind it since nothing happened after and that laptop continued to work normally for about 3 more weeks. Then it abruptly shut down again, this time the bios has detected that the storage capacity of the battery has been reduced. After running the battery test, it gave me FAILURE ID 0SM6MQ-9A0A92-MFPW3A-C03P03. Battery check: primary and logic state very weak (70). Charge capacity 21%. Cell voltage 4: 0mv

Things I want to know:

- is it possible for me to continue using it but only when it's plugged in this time? 

- will there be a risk of damaging other components if i continue to use it?

[I'm asking these cause i have several deadlines I need to meet for online class which need me to use a computer. ] 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jarreth

There is no harm in using the Notebook plugged in till you get a replacement battery ☺️

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jarreth

There is no harm in using the Notebook plugged in till you get a replacement battery ☺️

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information! 

HP Recommended

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you ☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.