Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 6475b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! I am having some difficulty upgrading this old laptop with an SSD. The old 500GB Toshiba HDD boots and mounts no problem, but it's terribly slow, hence the upgrade.  The new drive is an EVO 870 1TB SATA 6 GB/s. I installed some of the latest drivers from HP, checked bios to confirm the flash took, results were the same.  The message on attempt to boot is this.

BootDevice Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk - (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics

Fore more info yatta yatta

I have a fresh install of Win10 Pro on the EVO, and it will mount to an old(about as old as the laptop) HP all-in-one as expected.

I have also a fresh install of Win10 Pro on an WD Blue 500GB which will also mount to the all-in-one as expected.

Neither of these drives are being recognized as having operating systems on them when used in the 6475b laptop.  I read somewhere where the SATA ports need to be limited to 3 GB/s for this to work, but cannot find a way to do this, so I have no data on this.

Thank you for reading.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I got it working. This is the stupidest !@#$ thing I have ever seen.

I had to enter the bios as a GUEST. WHAT!?! How in the heck is that at all secure? And why am I locked out as an admin??

**bleep** ever.

Set the bios to load in UEFI and the system booted no problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.