Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have recentley got a new SSD ( Patriot burst 480Gb) for my notebook because the old (original ) HDD strated to have some problems, but it still worked.

After installing the new SSD and  WIN 10 on it I wanted to copy some of the data from the old HDD but I could not see the HDD on my rack.  Any ideas why?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Tudor87 wrote:

... but I could not see the HDD on my rack.  Any ideas why?

@Tudor87 

What is your rack ? How do you connect your rack to your computer ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

The rack I used is : 

Rack Orico HDD / SSD, 2.5" SATA, USB 3.0

It uses a USB 3 conection.  My old HDD that I changed in my notebook was a Toshiba 1 TB 5400 rpm.

The rack is new I bought it with the new SSD , I  only used it to see the new SSD and format it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.