Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cc0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought a used laptop from market the problem i am facing is when i charge the laptop it gives minor static earth when i touch laptop it goes away when i remove charger from laptop and also while charging if i place it on my lap then there is no static earth it only comes when i place the laptop on bed or on table or anywhere else also if i touch other person while putting laptop on my lap then the other person feels static earth also what could be the issue? is this a serious issue how this can be fixed? i already tried my charger on other hp laptop it worked fine without giving static earth and i also tried new complete charger on my laptop it gives the same issue of static earth unable to find out what is wrong?

The charging port on both sides are 3 pin connectors any help will be appreciated 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nmans Research shows that static electricity helps remove pollution 😉 On a lighter note,

However, that doesn't mean we use the laptop as a pollution controller, here's all you need to know about it and how to resolve it and no, it isn't a serious issue:

Electrostatic discharge ( ESD ) is a sudden discharge of electric current between two objects with different electrical potentials. Simply moving an object across a dissimilar material can accumulate a small electrical charge on or within the object. You may have experienced a discharge of static electricity in a low humidity condition by walking across a carpet and touching a door knob or light switch.

The electrostatic charge usually is so minor that it is unnoticed when it dissipates into the environment, and it is harmless to humans. HP computers are designed to withstand significant levels of instantaneous discharges; however, electronic components can incur damage from a single, very potent discharge or series of electro-static discharges. This damage to components may be immediately noticeable or accumulate over time.

ESD can occur anywhere at any time; however, the harshness of an event can be reduced by: increasing environmental humidity levels, using natural fibers and materials in the office or computer room where you use your HP notebook computer, or using anti-static work spaces. When repairing or replacing a notebook's internal components, HP recommends that the unit be placed on a properly grounded anti-static work surface and you use a personal grounding strap that is in direct contact with your skin.

If you believe ESD has caused a problem on your computer, here are a few tips:

• If a particular external device is behaving abnormally, unplug the device at the notebook connector and then turn off the device. Unplug it from its power source if it has a plug. After a minute or two, plug the device back in, and in most cases the ESD-related problem should be resolved. Data loss or corruption may occur, so please check with the device manufacturer for solutions.

• If the notebook is performing erratically, for example the operating system freezes or it losses connectivity with a device, shut it down using normal procedures if possible. If the normal shutdown actions do not work, unplug the AC adapter (both at the notebook and the power source), and take out the battery. Unsaved data might be lost. After waiting for a few minutes, the notebook will reset itself to a normal state.

In most cases, an ESD-related hardware glitch should be resolved by turning off the device and then restarting it.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nmans Research shows that static electricity helps remove pollution 😉 On a lighter note,

However, that doesn't mean we use the laptop as a pollution controller, here's all you need to know about it and how to resolve it and no, it isn't a serious issue:

Electrostatic discharge ( ESD ) is a sudden discharge of electric current between two objects with different electrical potentials. Simply moving an object across a dissimilar material can accumulate a small electrical charge on or within the object. You may have experienced a discharge of static electricity in a low humidity condition by walking across a carpet and touching a door knob or light switch.

The electrostatic charge usually is so minor that it is unnoticed when it dissipates into the environment, and it is harmless to humans. HP computers are designed to withstand significant levels of instantaneous discharges; however, electronic components can incur damage from a single, very potent discharge or series of electro-static discharges. This damage to components may be immediately noticeable or accumulate over time.

ESD can occur anywhere at any time; however, the harshness of an event can be reduced by: increasing environmental humidity levels, using natural fibers and materials in the office or computer room where you use your HP notebook computer, or using anti-static work spaces. When repairing or replacing a notebook's internal components, HP recommends that the unit be placed on a properly grounded anti-static work surface and you use a personal grounding strap that is in direct contact with your skin.

If you believe ESD has caused a problem on your computer, here are a few tips:

• If a particular external device is behaving abnormally, unplug the device at the notebook connector and then turn off the device. Unplug it from its power source if it has a plug. After a minute or two, plug the device back in, and in most cases the ESD-related problem should be resolved. Data loss or corruption may occur, so please check with the device manufacturer for solutions.

• If the notebook is performing erratically, for example the operating system freezes or it losses connectivity with a device, shut it down using normal procedures if possible. If the normal shutdown actions do not work, unplug the AC adapter (both at the notebook and the power source), and take out the battery. Unsaved data might be lost. After waiting for a few minutes, the notebook will reset itself to a normal state.

In most cases, an ESD-related hardware glitch should be resolved by turning off the device and then restarting it.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.