cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problem with the fingerprint login

HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought this computer at the beginning of this year, but recently (I really can't remember how recently it was or if it was after a particular update) the login through fingerprint stopped working - the sensor seems like it's working, it does the error sound when I try to use it, but that sound is the only thing that I obtain. I tried reinstalling various drivers, deleting and reregistering my fingerprints, creating an another user, still nothing seems to work.

It is a minor issue as I still can log into the account, but the only option now is the password, with its really loud jingle and it seems like it works well only when I've got a reliable internet connection, the kind I don't always have, so it would be a shame to be kicked out of class again because I both can't use the quiet fingerprint login and can't silence the loud password login.

Tom

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,366 10,322 443 694
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mukenin1Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the finger print is not working.

Here's a related post with a similar issue that seems to have helped others: Click here  

(Although the header may be different, the steps will solve your concern as well). 

Step one:  
Follow the below steps: 

• Update the BIOS 

• Enable biometric support 

• Check for Windows support 

• Clean the fingerprint reader 

• Update the device driver 

• Update the fingerprint reader software 

• Find new device drivers if you changed operating systems 

For more details information: Click here for Windows 7, XP or vista 
Click here for Windows 8/8.1 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation