3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Problem with updating graphics card drivers

Notebook HP – 15-bs020nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with updating drivers for my graphics card AMD Radeon (TM) 520. I have a version of my drivers 17.12. If I want to update it I will open the AMD settings, I will open the update section and I see that I can update my drivers to version 19.4.1 or 19.4.3. So i click for example on 19.4.1. (I tried both) and I expect the update to start. But in a moment I will get a warning where it says: "Another instance is running". And I can't do anything. So I don't know what should I do.
Before these updates, when I had for example version 16 and there was an update to version 17, everything was OK. I clicked on update and in the moment drivers were updated. But now I can't update it and I don't know why.

So can someone help me? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,912 10,884 468 526
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Majklis
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Right-click the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
  2. Click Start,  search for Task Manager and click the result.
  3. Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut.
  4. Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut and click on Task Manager.
  5. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the power-user menu and click on Task Manager.
    ( In the task manager end the AMD program ) Restart your computer and try updating the AMD drivers.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Majklis
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for these steps, but the problem still persists. I tried to end the AMD program, restart my computer and update the AMD drivers, but I got the message again: "Another instance is running".

0 Kudos
Majklis
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Oh, maybe I found the solution. I tried do this step again, but I didn't restart the computer. I just turned off the AMD program by Task Manager and now the installation of updates has started. So maybe this is the solution

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,912 10,884 468 526
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Majklis
Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation