Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

can I know if it is normal for the battery to be drained a few percent each day when not using (Shutdown)?

Below is the battery check, it seems ok.

All my previous notebooks has removal battery and normally I don't connect it unless I need to use it without power.

battery.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Thomastan,

@Thomastanwrote:

Hello,

can I know if it is normal for the battery to be drained a few percent each day when not using (Shutdown)?

All my previous notebooks has removal battery and normally I don't connect it unless I need to use it without power.

battery.jpg

The battery is very healthy. Furthermore, if you leave your computer in sleep or hibernate, it is normal for the battery percentage to drop a bit. It would still be normal even if it was on shutdown. This is just the nature of batteries. Tips to conserving battery life: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01297640

Hope this helps,

kem579

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Thomastan,

@Thomastanwrote:

Hello,

battery.jpg

The battery is very healthy. Furthermore, if you leave your computer in sleep or hibernate, it is normal for the battery percentage to drop a bit. It would still be normal even if it was on shutdown. This is just the nature of batteries. Tips to conserving battery life: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01297640

Hope this helps,

kem579

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

My HP Laptop Probook 450 G5 has a 48Wh battery and is supposed to give me more than 7.5 hours at normal usage, my system was giving me the same timing but all of a sudden the timing got reduced to almost 3 hours straignt whereas i do have another book at work i.e. same 450 g5 with exactly same specs that is giving me around 7.5 hours of battery time.

5 months warranty is pending, i am currently in Pakistan. Though i have faced other issues as well in the same book and i had to claim my Wlan card, LCD had been replaced by the warranty center and other issues wwere faced too but i was denied notebook replacement that is extremely rude from HP service providers here.

Now, the warranty center guy told me that for battery replacement your battery needs to fail otherwise we will not replace your battery.

What am i supposed to do.?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.