Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX, when I go to the Support Download center it says that sp111955 is the updated bios for this system. But when I try to update the bios the software itself says that this update is not compatible with my system.

The same happens if I download the bios update using the HP Support Assistant.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

That is in fact the latest BIOS. Can you tell which version you have now?

HP Recommended

The current BIOS version is F.42.  The exact model is 15-bl012dx.

HP Recommended

direct download link from HP's ftp server:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111955.exe

HP Recommended

In my case the system is model: 15-bl012dx and the current bios version is F.42 but when I try to update the bios with the file I just downloaded from the FTP link you posted I get an error message saying: This BIOS update is not compatible with this device.

HP Recommended

I got nothing for an explanation. I can try to escalate to HP but that may or may not bring a result. Still will try. 

HP Recommended

Please try to escalate as that is the only recourse I have at the moment.

HP Recommended

I applied the direct download as well.  It doesn't enable the "Update" button in the HP BIOS Update and Recovery window.  The button is grayed out and there is a message next to it that says "This BIOS update is not compatible with this device".   However the update is alerted by HP Support Assistant on the device, and also shows up on the the product support page for my serial number.

HP Recommended

Hi@JCBond, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand  BIos not getting the update and giving an error message.

Check the BIOS Version?

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

Based on checking the version of the BIOS if it's on the Previous version need to be  download one by one install and restart the computer Please note make sure the charger needs to connect to the notebook 

For more help refer to the document.

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

The version of the bios on my system is already the one just prior to the latest. The issue is that the lates bios installation program says that it does not apply to this model.

I could try using the USB method of updating the bios, but I am concerned that this could FORCE the installation of a bios that does not actually apply to this system to be installed and BRICK the motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.