Level 1
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post

Provided Bios update does not work

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX, when I go to the Support Download center it says that sp111955 is the updated bios for this system. But when I try to update the bios the software itself says that this update is not compatible with my system.

The same happens if I download the bios update using the HP Support Assistant.

15 REPLIES 15
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,361 44,138 7,097 12,540
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is in fact the latest BIOS. Can you tell which version you have now?

0 Kudos
Washerwoman
3 3 0 1
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The current BIOS version is F.42.  The exact model is 15-bl012dx.

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

direct download link from HP's ftp server:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111955.exe

0 Kudos
JCBond
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In my case the system is model: 15-bl012dx and the current bios version is F.42 but when I try to update the bios with the file I just downloaded from the FTP link you posted I get an error message saying: This BIOS update is not compatible with this device.

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got nothing for an explanation. I can try to escalate to HP but that may or may not bring a result. Still will try. 

JCBond
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try to escalate as that is the only recourse I have at the moment.

0 Kudos
Washerwoman
3 3 0 1
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I applied the direct download as well.  It doesn't enable the "Update" button in the HP BIOS Update and Recovery window.  The button is grayed out and there is a message next to it that says "This BIOS update is not compatible with this device".   However the update is alerted by HP Support Assistant on the device, and also shows up on the the product support page for my serial number.

0 Kudos
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,209 2,209 77 109
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@JCBond, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand  BIos not getting the update and giving an error message.

Check the BIOS Version?

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

Based on checking the version of the BIOS if it's on the Previous version need to be  download one by one install and restart the computer Please note make sure the charger needs to connect to the notebook 

For more help refer to the document.

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
JCBond
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The version of the bios on my system is already the one just prior to the latest. The issue is that the lates bios installation program says that it does not apply to this model.

I could try using the USB method of updating the bios, but I am concerned that this could FORCE the installation of a bios that does not actually apply to this system to be installed and BRICK the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation