Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One 27-b1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 'Prt Sc' button top right of my HP Envy Desktop keyboard.  Whenever I just pushed this button, it always used to print screen and put a jpg/png into my pictures folder on OneDrive - under ScreenShots.  I never had to push Windows key or Fn key or both - just a simple one key operation.

This has now stopped working in the last few weeks

Anyone know how to resolve back to how it used to be?  I cant restore to an old restore point as it has expired.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@kakshaks Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Prt Sc button stopped working.

Please perform the keyboard test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Keyboard and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Also, try to update the BIOS and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

So, I followed your instructions but could not find my exact HP keyboard layout in the diags (It is neither full layout or compact) - I attach a photo of the keyboard and a few photos of the results.

I hope this gives you what you might need to help me - Many thanks

KevinIMG_3743.JPGIMG_3744.JPGIMG_3745.JPGIMG_3746.JPGIMG_3747.JPG

HP Recommended

@kakshaks

Please let us know have you tried to update the BIOS.

Please try with another keyboard and let us know.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

im on the latest BIOS and same happens on another keyboard

HP Recommended

@kakshaks 

Tahnk you fo r the update.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.