Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I am trying to install more RAM in the extra slot, but there are no release tabs to allow the slot to open the 45 degrees needed to 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Budget versions of your laptop model with Pentium or Celeron processors have a single slot. The motherboard will have what kid of appears like a second slot but it is not active. There will be no memory module retainer and no way to actually attach a second module. What processor does your laptop have?

HP Recommended

Ah that makes sense, my boss gave me this laptop. It has the Intel I3 processor.

Thanks for your insight and help.

Kenny

HP Recommended

If it is an i3 it has 2 slots. Maybe take a picture and we can explain how to get the second module in there. 

HP Recommended

Here are some pics and info about machine. 

notice no silver clips on the right side slot & arms will not raise

IMG_20201009_102152.jpg

IMG_20201009_100652.jpg

IMG_20201009_100642.jpg

IMG_20201009_100904.jpg

System Model HP 250 G7 Notebook PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 84A6
BaseBoard Version 80.43
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.