Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G60-120US Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Sir's ,Been a while since I last used Your Forum,  possibly 15-20 Year's Ago. OK, I recently installed a 1TB Mushkin SSD , 4Gb of Mushkin RAM 2 Channel Memory Modules, Over a installation of Windows 10 Home, 64Bit Operating System. The Laptop a HP G60-120US (a over 10 Year old Machine) took too these Upgrades, commendable, a really Robust Laptop.

Question: I upgraded the RAM Module's from 2Gb too 4Gb's, My question is can It take More Memory (RAM) Possibly 8Gb or 16Gb. Will the Up-Grade WORK, or is 4Gb the Limit, of RAM Memory the Manufacture Set's as the Maximum. Is it not advisable.

Or should I give 8Gb or even 16Gb's a try, Will this Up-grade WORK, or will it Harm My G60-120US Laptop or give it a try.

Thank You Sir's Signed 

MRCHR321 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02985882.pdf

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

The max is 2 x 2 GB of memory, and nothing more than that will work.

HP Recommended

Hello Sir's  No more than 4Gb of RAM Memory, Question:  Is there a suggested 2 Chanel 4Gb Module's with Possibly a Higher Latency.  Basically what I'm asking is there a  Better Set of RAM Memory Modules I can purchase, is there a set of RAM Memory that You recommend. I'm in the mood too change Memory. Thank You, any recommendations would be great.  

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you installed 2 x 2 GB of DDR2-6400 memory, that is the fastest speed your notebook will take.

As I posted the other day, a single 4 GB memory module will not work.

HP Recommended

Hi Sir, I'm aware two 2x2Gb Modules installed and I'm running the correct replacement part's (DDR2-6400) I gather. Window's 10 Home 64 bit installed fine. So does the Mushkin 1Tb SSD, very fast machine, But I'm having a bit of Lagging when using Internet. It's a hesitation 2 or 3 seconds, it's not a quick as My other Machine. Is there anyway I can speed this Lagging up ? 

Signed, Lagging.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.