cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
26 17 2 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

RAM (Memory) Modules is 4Gb the manufacture's Limit ??

HP Recommended
HP G60-120US Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Sir's ,Been a while since I last used Your Forum,  possibly 15-20 Year's Ago. OK, I recently installed a 1TB Mushkin SSD , 4Gb of Mushkin RAM 2 Channel Memory Modules, Over a installation of Windows 10 Home, 64Bit Operating System. The Laptop a HP G60-120US (a over 10 Year old Machine) took too these Upgrades, commendable, a really Robust Laptop.

Question: I upgraded the RAM Module's from 2Gb too 4Gb's, My question is can It take More Memory (RAM) Possibly 8Gb or 16Gb. Will the Up-Grade WORK, or is 4Gb the Limit, of RAM Memory the Manufacture Set's as the Maximum. Is it not advisable.

Or should I give 8Gb or even 16Gb's a try, Will this Up-grade WORK, or will it Harm My G60-120US Laptop or give it a try.

Thank You Sir's Signed 

MRCHR321 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,148 113,329 18,246 27,857
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02985882.pdf

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

The max is 2 x 2 GB of memory, and nothing more than that will work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
26 17 2 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Sir's  No more than 4Gb of RAM Memory, Question:  Is there a suggested 2 Chanel 4Gb Module's with Possibly a Higher Latency.  Basically what I'm asking is there a  Better Set of RAM Memory Modules I can purchase, is there a set of RAM Memory that You recommend. I'm in the mood too change Memory. Thank You, any recommendations would be great.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you installed 2 x 2 GB of DDR2-6400 memory, that is the fastest speed your notebook will take.

As I posted the other day, a single 4 GB memory module will not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
26 17 2 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sir, I'm aware two 2x2Gb Modules installed and I'm running the correct replacement part's (DDR2-6400) I gather. Window's 10 Home 64 bit installed fine. So does the Mushkin 1Tb SSD, very fast machine, But I'm having a bit of Lagging when using Internet. It's a hesitation 2 or 3 seconds, it's not a quick as My other Machine. Is there anyway I can speed this Lagging up ? 

Signed, Lagging.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you to try.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation