Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 250 g6 3168ngw (core i3)
Hello! I want to replace on my model with a laptop hp 250 g6 (3168ngw) intel i3 from 4 gb to 8 gb or higher. Please write what RAM parameters are suitable for me? I downloaded CPU-Z where it says that type DDR3, can I replace it with a device of type DDR4? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The Core i3 versions of the 250 G6 use DDR4 memory so that is what you would use to upgrade. Needs DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM which will bridge (downclock) to 2133 speed. There are two slots and it can take a pair of 8 gig modules or even a pair of 16 gig modules to have 32 gigs total. Depends on what you want to spend. 

This would be different if your laptop has the Celeron or Pentium processor so I am a bit confused why CPU-Z detects the memory as DDR3. Celeron or Pentium would have DDR3. 

I see you are in Ukraine. Post back if you need a Manual and/or purchase suggestions with links to online store. 

HP Recommended

Yes, please write a link and instructions for acquiring RAM.

HP Recommended

See changes I made to prior post. I want to be 100% sure of what I am advising you to do and there is some confusion. 

HP Recommended

As for the previous post, I add a printscreen of the parameters of the laptop.2.jpg1.jpg

HP Recommended

This is not a 250 G6. That has a 7th gen Intel processor and yours is a 5th gen so uses DDR3 even with an i3 processor. You have a 250 G5 and it can take a maximum of 2 x 8 = 16 gigs of DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM

https://www.ebay.de/itm/8GB-DDR3L-1600-PC3L-12800-1600Mhz-HYNIX-HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB-LAPTOP-RAM-MEMORY/2...

Manual 

See pp. 52-57. Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.