Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs104nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the RAM to the maximum.

I Have :

-HP Notebook - 15-bs104nx
Intel Core i7-8550U
AMD Radeon 530 Graphics (4 GB DDR3 dedicated)

*I have read the (Maintenance and Service Guide)  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

2 Chapter 1 Product description(Page number 10):-

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations  16384-MB total system memory (8192×2).

***But the system and processor support to maximum: 32GB.

***I Open ''CMD'' from (Run), Then I wrote " wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices " .

The result:    MaxCapacity             MemoryDevices
                         33554432  KB                   2                             =     16 GB * 2  =  32 GB

***Question: Can I upgrade to 16 GB * 2  =  32 GB

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Both the service manual and the Crucial memory report for your notebook indicate the max is 2 x 8 GB.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp 15 series | HP 15-bs104nx | Crucial.com

Most HP notebooks that have two memory slots and 8th gen Intel core processors support 2 x 16 GB of memory, but I cannot guarantee that 32 GB will work in your specific model.

What I would do if I were you, would be to put one toe in the water, buy one 16 GB chip, add it to the existing one and if the notebook boots up, works fine and reports the correct amount of memory, it would probably be safe to install the second 16 GB memory chip.

This would be a compatible 16 GB memory chip to experiment with...

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD824A | Crucial EU

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.