Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-f233wm (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello again,

I have two questions:

According to the HP manual I was told to look into, Chapter 3 Page 30, the proper 8gb upgrade I was recommended to get is 8 GB memory module PC3 12800 1600-MHz HP, but there are multiple kinds of this same thing. 

Which would be better for my Intel Celeron computer? Here are the kinds: 

1) Kingston Technology 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L (PC3-12800) 1.35V Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM Intel Laptop Memory KVR16LS11/8

2) 8GB Memory Module DDR3-1600MHz PC3-12800 DIMM For HP Compaq Pro 6305 By RK

Does a memory card only transfer memory or can it add to the memory of a PC (for me, laptop) in gb?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't think it makes a sound like BOOM but yes, put the right 8 gig memory module in the computer and just like that the computer has 8 gigs of RAM (random access memory).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is your service manual which you need to study to understand what you need to do in order to add memory. 

Manual

Here is the key point on page 1:

DDR3L-1600 MHz dual channel support (DDR3L-1600 dual channel support)
One SODIMM non-customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slot (Pentium, Celeron processors)

You have one slot and it can hold a single up to 8 gb memory module DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM as so:

8 GB memory module
693374-001

There's an easy access door as shown on page 30 of the Manual so memory upgrade is very easy to do. 

It has to be DDR3L (low voltage) 1.35 volt so of the two you ask about only #1 is correct. 

I am not sure what you mean by Question #2. Nothing gets transferred. This is RAM and only holds information while the computer is running so increasing to 8 gigs from 4 theoretically allows faster operation and more things to be happening at one time. Your machine with a weak Celeron processor can do only so much so don't be disappointed if you install 8 gb of RAM you still find the computer "slow". 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering my questions, and my apologies for not going to the manual first. I don't think this would be in the manual, but either way: when you say that the memory card is RAM, does that mean it works like one of those memory modules discussed in #1?

I guess I'm trying to ask if all I have to do is slip the memory card in and BOOM 8 gb are installed into the computer.

HP Recommended

I don't think it makes a sound like BOOM but yes, put the right 8 gig memory module in the computer and just like that the computer has 8 gigs of RAM (random access memory).

HP Recommended
Well, that's all the kind of BOOM I want. Thank you for assistance.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.